Looking for a new job or a career change can make you feel like you’re running in a circle and not getting anywhere fast. This doesn’t have to be the case. There are a bunch of things you can do to improve your chances, and hopefully put you on the path to a new position!
We advocate making your job search easy, so we’ve put these tips together here. Take a look to find out what you need to do, and how you can achieve it.
1. Ask us for advice on your CV. We view loads of CVs every day, and know what it takes to get noticed (for the right reasons.) We can offer fantastic tips on how to spruce it up and make sure you’re putting your best foot forward.
2. Follow your consultant’s suggestions, especially when it comes to your CV, or tips and advice on your interview. This will make the recruitment process easier, and give you a better shot - we’re professionals in our fields, and we know exactly what our clients are looking for.
3. Take our advice on the current job climate - they’re a great resource to understand what it’s like out there right now, AND they can be industry specific.
4. Be clear about what you’re looking for, and about your salary requirements. This will help us select suitable roles for you. This is more efficient for everyone - our time is better spent looking in the right places for you, and your time is better spent interviewing for the right roles.
5. Communicate! Get back to your consultant in a timely manner - this avoids missing out on any great opportunities. Also be sure to keep your consultant up to date on your circumstances, and on how your interviews go - interviews are a two-way street, so they’re always keen to hear your thoughts too.
6. Make a great first impression. Interviews start as soon as you walk into the building, so be polite, cordial and kind to everyone. Nerves can get in the way of this, so be prepared, take a breath, and if you’re feeling super nervous, give your consultant a call. They’re great at handling interview stress!
7. Keep an eye out for new roles. Check out the WR website and social feeds, and be sure to connect with consultants in your industry on LinkedIn - you’ll be amongst the first to see and hear about the latest vacancies!